OUR PRACTICE AREAS
We have been representing businesses and individuals for over 20 years combined in the Western Kentucky region. As a patent, trademark, and copyright attorney, Ms. Tennyson is able to represent clients nationwide. She also assists start-ups and small businesses with corporate formation, employment, litigation, licensing, and contract issues. Mr. Marcum represents clients in a wide variety of areas in Kentucky including family law, criminal defense, probate and estate litigation, and general civil litigation.
• JD., 2003, University of Tennessee, Magna Cum Laude
• M.S.W. 1999, University of Georgia
• B.S., 1996, East Tennessee State University
Ms. Tennyson has practiced in Paducah, Kentucky for over 10 years. Of those, nearly 7 years were with a mid-size insurance Defense Firm. Prior to that, she worked for about 4 years in Atlanta, GA at two different international law firms practicing exclusively patents, trademarks, and copyright law. After law school, she clerked for U.S. District Judge Thomas B Russell in the Western District of Kentucky. She is a Registered Patent attorney with experience in Trademark, Copyrights, and Trade Secrets. She also has experience in Probate, Corporate, and Litigation. In February 2020, she has been appointed to serve as a Special Justice to the Supreme Court of Kentucky for the purpose of hearing and deciding Lindsey Childers, et al. v. William S. Albright, et al, No. 2019-SC-00226-D.
• Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia
• U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Kentucky, Western District of Tennessee, Eastern District of Tennessee, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
• Sixth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals
• Board member, Sprocket Inc.
• Board member, Child Watch Counseling and Advocacy Center Inc.
• Member of the Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence
• Ruling Elder at First Presbyterian Church of Paducah (served 2015-2017); Co-chair of Pastor Nominating Committee (2015-2016)
• Clerk of Permanent Judicial Commission of the Presbytery of Western Kentucky
• J.D., 2004 University of Kentucky
• B.A., 1996, Centre College of Kentucky
Mr. Marcum has extensive experience in litigation including insurance defense, premises liability, automobile liability, construction law, and probate and estates. He has criminal defense and family law experience.
Mr. Marcum is currently admitted to practice before all courts in Kentucky including the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, the Western District of Tennessee, the 11th Circuit, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, and United States Supreme Court. He is also admitted to practice in Georgia.
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION & MEMBERSHIPS
Mr. Marcum is a member of the McCracken County Bar Association, the Kentucky Bar Association, and the State Bar of Georgia.
• Ruling Elder at First Presbyterian Church of Paducah (served 2018-2020); Clerk of Session (2020)